Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Journal8

Type means never having to say you're sorry. This article is about students using fonts because they look good. They don't spend time to find a font that may reflect the subject matter or to try to convey an emotion. The font they use is futura. I've learned from this article to take time and learn about a font so that I use it to communicate a message. In all honesty I think Kabel is better than Futura, but if I had to choose from the font list I would choose Akzidenz Grotesk. Thirteen Ways of Looking at a typeface like the title suggests it's 13 different ways to look at a typeface. The reason that stood out to me/made me laugh the most was Because You Like It's Name. This article taught me, the same thing as the other article, to try to explore typefaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment